- Examine workplace and declare them safe before crew commencing work
- Follow Surveyors measurement, marking the workface in terms of Drill holes and direction
- Charge up and blast
- Lash ends and clean
- Support the walls and roofs in underground mine with rock bolts
- Install lights, pipes, ventilation and other equipment required to service the mine
- Maintain discipline and good relationship amongst crews.
- Effective self-management and alignment with M&RC Values and Leadership initiatives
- Grade 12 or NQF 4 equivalent
- Blasting Certificate of competency
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Medical Certificate of Fitness
- Team management skills
- Organisational Skills
- Good communication skills in English
- 1 year experience as a Learner Miner
- 1 year experience in a trackless underground mining environment
- Experience on Ore-Pass rehabilitation
- Construction experience
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- Murray & Roberts reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful