Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Junior Operator Raise Drilling, to be based at Bentley Park Mine near Carletonville , Gauteng. The successful candidate will report to the Shift Supervisor Raise Drilling.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Learner Operator Raise Drilling in the mining industry
- Ability to supervise a team and complete administrative requirements [reporting, checklists, safety documentation
- Understanding of a baseline risk assessment with ability to complete an issue based risk assessment independently
- Effectively supervise the daily tasks of the general workers allocated
- Conduct safe and efficient underground excavations through the operation of a small Raise Bore machine to achieve production targets
- Cost containment through effective and safe use of raise bore drilling machines, adhere to OEM specifications
- Follow lock out procedures
- Participate in morning meetings and complete the relevant checklists, risk /safety documents as required
- Effective stakeholder engagement to ensure smooth workflows
- Proactive risk identification and mitigation, escalate and report
- Self and team understand and comply with M&RC’s standards, policies, procedures and safety protocols
- Effective self and team management and alignment with M&RC’s values and leadership initiatives
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Certified as competent B
- Certified competent as a Raise Drilling Operator
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good English communication skills (written and verbal)
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- Murray & Roberts reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.