The Oil & Gas platforms’ extensive service offering spans the full asset life cycle, including specialist engineering, construction & EPC, commissioning, and operations & maintenance. Services are provided on new build facilities (greenfields) and operating facilities (brownfields).
The businesses within this platform are:
- CH-IV – Houston, USA
- Clough – Perth, Australia
- Clough Booth Welsh – Ayrshire, Scotland
- Clough Enercore – Calgary, Canada
- Clough Murray & Roberts – Cape Town, South Africa
- e2o – Adelaide, Australia
The platform’s strategy is focused on:
- Continued geographical diversification of its oil and gas service offerings into international growth markets;
- Continued focus on commissioning and brownfields oil and gas opportunities, in Australia and internationally; and
- Tactical diversification into civil infrastructure markets in Australia
The business has two regional operating divisions:
- Australia & Asia Pacific Operations; and
- Americas & EMEA Operations.
The two regional operating divisions focus on delivering specialised EPC services to their respective regions. The operating divisions also leverage Clough’s client network in Australia to develop and maintain relationships beyond Australia and support the expansion of services across the project life cycle.
Businesses within the platform
- Cementation AG – Salt Lake City, USA
- Cementation Canada – North Bay, Canada
- Cementation USA – Salt Lake City, USA
- Merit Consultants International – Vancouver, Canada
- Murray & Roberts Cementation – Johannesburg, South Africa
- RUC Cementation Mining – Perth, Australia
The Underground Mining platform’s extensive geographic footprint covers six continents and its service offering spans the project value chain including specialist engineering, shaft construction, mine development, specialist mining services, including raise boring and grouting, and contract mining.
Recent projects include the construction and rehabilitation of 15 shafts and 21 decline projects in Canada, USA, Australia, South Africa, Zambia and Indonesia. The platform employs 54 raise and blind-hole boring machines globally, one of the largest fleets of large-diameter boring machines in the world. It has also sunk the deepest single-lift shafts in South Africa (South Deep: 3 000m) and the USA (Resolution: 2 100m), as well as the deepest secondary shafts in Canada (Kidd: 3 014m) and the USA (Hecla Lucky Friday: 2 922m).
Businesses within the platform:
- Murray & Roberts Power & Energy, primary focus on the power sector but also operates in other complementary markets (oil and gas and resources and minerals)
- Murray & Roberts Water including its subsidiary Aquamarine – specific focus on water and domestic and industrial wastewater treatment
The Power & Water platform’s service offering includes feasibility studies, detailed engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, and repairs & maintenance work. Contracting models include EPC and the more traditional SMEIPP construction services. The platform’s capacity and capability is complemented by key strategic partnerships.
The Corporate Office plays a leading role in the strategic direction and support of our local and international businesses. The Corporate Office includes the executive committee, company secretarial services, finance and treasury services, employee benefits, a small core IT team and general support staff.
The Corporate Office is also responsible for investor relations and discharging Murray & Roberts’ responsibilities as a listed company on the stock exchange.